New Mexico has so many natural and historical wonders you’ll have to visit several times to see them all.
New Mexico has so many natural and historical wonders you’ll have to visit several times to see them all. But if you have a free week, might we suggest that you start in Albuquerque and make a big loop the way we did a few years back. Whether you do this trip yourself or simply join us on this episode as we recount our experiences, you’ll agree that Land of Enchantment is a fitting nickname for New Mexico.
Some of the sites we discuss in this episode include:
- Bandelier National Monument – could this be our next national park?
- Santa Fe – why this is such a magical place
- Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument – a must-see natural wonder
- White Sands National Park (was a National Monument when we visited it) – why this site is no longer a premier spring break destination for college kids
- Smokey Museum and Historical Park – what is it exactly that makes Karen want to hold Smokey’s hand
- Carlsbad Caverns – we can’t talk about New Mexico without mentioning its most famous cave system
- Albuquerque – in search of The Chicken Brothers and the Walter White residence
- Petroglyphs National Monument – you can walk your dog and see thousands of examples of ancient rock art at the same time
Links to more information:
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices